15.12.05

Pure Turquoise

well, in the linear, practical way of things, i am awaiting the beginning of job training. time frame: still ambiguous. but "work" can wait. truly, it can.

whatever the force outside of myself, that protects me and guides my every move through this tsunami of a transition in my life, is giving me this TIME. this is very important time. the experiences i am having here in hawaii are ones doused in dreaminess, embellished with magic, and saturated with beauty. every piece of every day fits into a greater organization that somehow i now understand, and accept without question. i am simply allowing myself the pleasure of receiving the gifts tumbling about in the calm afterward of grief's savage tidal waves. my mom meets me in breath-taking places - somewhere in the ether between earth and heaven - and our spirits enjoy life's divine treasures together.

i have spent the week becoming intimate with waves. finding out how they move and where they break. feeling out their strength. playing in their softly grabbing tendrils of foam. licking salt off my lips and wiping sand off my behind. feeling sun kiss my skin and sea shells crackle under my bare feet. swimming among exquisite tropical fishes. bobbing in the surf surrounded by honu - green sea turtles. (a couple came so close to me they nearly hit their little heads on my surfboard!)

i have been surfing almost every day this week, and though i still haven't stood up all the way on my own board - i am close. i actually felt the wave lift up on the back of the board a little bit, and could just TASTE the promised ride! so begins the surfing addiction i have heard so much about.

today, my friends, chris, po, and i went to a tucked away, still pristine area called kua bay. it is situated in a state park, whose gates are open to cars every day...except wednesdays! we parked at the top of the road - in front of the locked gate - and ran the mile to our destination. MY GOD, the imagery was stunning. i have never seen - or been in - water so purely turquoise and crystal clear. we body-surfed and played soccer with my new neoprene ball on the white sand beach. the day was a dream.

for whatever the next day in hawaii brings, i will close my eyes and thank GOD for the gift.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I have a link to you on my blog now. If you want to, send me a list of the sites you want to link and I'll take care of it for you.
t