2.3.12

11.17.99 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD.

Dad,

As this time of year approaches yet again, and you check in the mirror for any new evidence of time's continued passage across your skin, I encourage you to think of a few things:

You were once a little boy. You grew up, became a father, then watched as your little girls became older daughters. Now that we are all grown up, you get to become the kid in you again. It's how nature works! It's how the Earth turns and turns again. And I think, aren't we lucky to be a part of it all.

Your love, wisdom, and great understanding of beauty and joy are timeless. I consider your fatherhood the greatest gift on every birthday, yours or mine.

I see your influence in the reflection of my own changing expression as I mature and grow. I learn more with every year that passes, how much a part of me you are; and how much a part of you I am; and how much more we become one another as time moves through us.

I am proud and honored to know that we are "made of the same stuff". I love you endlessly. Have a wonderful birthday! Love, Liz

No comments: